Fair Winds and Following Seas
Our landlord gave his notice with KPMG two weeks ago and has now officially moved on. So now we've gone from the awkwardness of renting from a coworker to renting from a random third-party. He's actually a really nice guy but a little goofy... Maybe a lot goofy.
When anybody leaves KPMG they send out an email saying how great its been and giving their contact info. Well Dave's was just too precious to leave alone so I wanted to share it with you. This is the email he sent out to the entire San Diego Advisory staff on Thursday. To help you out I should mention that 'Peat' is what the 'P' stands for in KPMG, blue is the official color of KPMG (along with every other creative accounting firm out there), and RAS is the practice that I belong to (Risk Advisory Services). The title of this post is actually the title of his email.
Dear friends, colleagues and countrypersons;
In the beginning I had come to learn that Uncle Peat is Mother and that Uncle Peat is Father. In that new life I was adopted into a family that had begun with the progenitors one hundred years ago. Although my eight years of service is a candle beneath the long shadow of our professional ancestors I did come to realize my own contribution to our inheritance. If a torch were being passed to me at this time, I had then seen the flame as a robust beacon of blue. It is this blue fire that emblematizes my commitment to the firm and our team. The longer I had traversed this journey I had not only advanced in accomplishments but in experience. In fact I had become Grandpa to some of you. Yet although the flame did not wane for me but rather was stoked by you, the shooting stars of KPMG’s future. Where this flame had been born to my heart it is what I am leaving to you today.
You stay classy San Diego….RAS.
Dave Hayes
When anybody leaves KPMG they send out an email saying how great its been and giving their contact info. Well Dave's was just too precious to leave alone so I wanted to share it with you. This is the email he sent out to the entire San Diego Advisory staff on Thursday. To help you out I should mention that 'Peat' is what the 'P' stands for in KPMG, blue is the official color of KPMG (along with every other creative accounting firm out there), and RAS is the practice that I belong to (Risk Advisory Services). The title of this post is actually the title of his email.
Dear friends, colleagues and countrypersons;
In the beginning I had come to learn that Uncle Peat is Mother and that Uncle Peat is Father. In that new life I was adopted into a family that had begun with the progenitors one hundred years ago. Although my eight years of service is a candle beneath the long shadow of our professional ancestors I did come to realize my own contribution to our inheritance. If a torch were being passed to me at this time, I had then seen the flame as a robust beacon of blue. It is this blue fire that emblematizes my commitment to the firm and our team. The longer I had traversed this journey I had not only advanced in accomplishments but in experience. In fact I had become Grandpa to some of you. Yet although the flame did not wane for me but rather was stoked by you, the shooting stars of KPMG’s future. Where this flame had been born to my heart it is what I am leaving to you today.
You stay classy San Diego….RAS.
Dave Hayes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home