Willardson Family Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2006

One Month & the Pumpkin Patch

Well I’ll speak for Madeline saying that her first month of life outside the womb has been pretty great. She is growing so much and so fast! She is now 9 pounds 9 ounces. She was so well behaved at her 4 week check up on Friday. Madeline is what I refer to as “angel baby.” She basically cries to let us know she is hungry and that is about it, (crossing my fingers it stays that way) and she is sleeping for longer stretches during the night. Steve and I feel very blessed to have little Madeline Ruby in our home. And we are still considering calling her Ruby. I'm so indecisive, I can't decide!! She is changing so much. It makes me sad to think she isn’t that sleepy little newborn we brought home from the hospital. However, she is pretty cute, even when she cries!! Her eyelashes are getting longer and thicker each day. Her smile is seriously the cutest thing ever, and she is finding her little voice. I don’t think our pictures show how pretty she really is. But some of you get to see her in Utah in just a few weeks!

Madeline and I have been busy getting to know each other over the past few weeks and found that we have a lot in common. We both consider anything below 70 degrees to be cold, which is why I decided to purchase a wipes warmer for her. We both love to cross our legs. We both have “thinking toes,” which means our toes wiggle unconsciously. One of Madeline’s favorite pastimes is to have Steve bounce her on the exercise ball while listening to Samba music. And you better believe she is already listening to the cello. Madeline is very strong and active during play time. She also loves to fall asleep listening to the sound of a heartbeat. Madeline loves her milk, so much in fact that she goes in to what we refer to as a “milk-induced coma.” See the pictures below. In just one month Madeline has been to the beach, Balboa Island, a pumpkin patch, and pretty much wherever mom goes. Madeline slept through our entire trip to the pumpkin patch because of the milk-induced coma. We'll have to see how her hand-eye coordination is coming along before we let her carve her pumpkin.


She loves to use her hands to communicate.


Hanging out/sleeping on the changing table. We both like to sleep with our hands above our head.


The milk-induced coma.


The only thing that resembles fall in San Diego right now, is the Pumpkin Patch near our house. It is a really cute pumpkin patch and we had a lot of fun. We bought one of these little pumpkins for Madeline and a big one for us.







Sleepy time with daddy at Grandma's house last Saturday. I have a million pictures of Steve and Madeline like this, but this is my favorite.


Tummy time!


This is Madeline's infant seat. Clearly she wasn't too happy in the seat at this moment but she looked so cute crying we had to take a picture.


Madeline's first piece of mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home